Decorating with Green in 2020
Tips for decorating with green in 2020
- Which green to use? Whether you add drama of forest green, go for playful bright lime green or keep it classic with sage greens, all these colours are really a reflection of your personality. There is no right or wrong.
- Keep it subtle, green can go a long way in capturing a cozy and warm space in winter. Don’t overpower your spaces with too much green as it can be overbearing, keep the balance in check.
- Play with textures. In a bedroom add a luxurious velvet headboard contrasted with crisp white linen, add cotton scatters in a subtle floral or geometric patterns. Add a soft faux fur throw at the foot of the bed for a sumptuous sophisticated and intimate feel, finish it off with a subtle rug that should tie the room together.
- Bring the outside in. Natural or ‘quality’ faux greenery like a fern, palm, orchid or roses is a must for any space.
- Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize! I can’t emphasize how important it is to accessorize a room with beautiful quality pieces using different materials and finishes from glass, metals, mirrors, ceramics and even natural fibres.
- Want to add a touch of class? You can’t go wrong with a touch of gold metallic accents bring burst of brightness and finesse so the look is never dull or gloomy.